This HTTPS via utl_http using orapki recipe is prepared with certificates and the orapki tool having some sweet and spicy taste. You may also use the Oracle Wallet manager instead of using orapki but for Oracle RDBMS you will need to have Enterprise Edition and Advanced Security pack licenses.
Only outbound connections are supported! For inbound connections you will also need Enterprise Edition and Advanced Security pack licenses!
Preparation time: 15 minsutes
Serves all users with access to utl_http and ACL.
The formula is: utl_http + https = certificate + orapki + acl
- Complete(!) certificate chain.
- orapki tool to create the Oracle Wallet.
- Access to ACL to open site and port (443 will do).
- Create an Oracle Wallet with the orapki tool.
- Take the certificates and add them to the Oracle Wallet you just created.
- Create an ACL and open access to site and port, when no port is specified, use 443.
- Served best when using utl_http and connection to https (for code examples, see link below).
For full instructions and code examples, please check my blog at Whitehorses:
Access to HTTPS via utl_http using the orapki wallet command