I have been trying to import a private key into ConnectBot for Android.
The key I’m using is working fine when using Putty, but does not work for ConnectBot.
In Puttygen, do the following:
- Load the private key: [File] -> [Load Private Key] (*.ppk)
- Enter passphrase if applicable
- Goto: [Conversions] -> [Export OpenSSH key] and save
Now find a way to get this OpenSSH key to your Android /sdcard (root) folder.
In ConnectBot, do the following:
- [Menu] -> [Manage Pubkeys]
- [Menu] -> [Import]
- Choose the OpenSSH key from /sdcard
- Click the red lock icon to load the key into memory (lock icon turns green)
- Enter passphrase/password if applicable
- (Disconnect current session)
You don’t assign a private key to a connection, but ConnectBot will just try any loaded key instead.