I have been trying to import a private key into ConnectBot for Android.
The key I’m using is working fine when using Putty, but does not work for ConnectBot.
To make it work for ConnectBot, you need to have a OpenSSH version of this file.
Luckily one can also use PuTTYgen to create an OpenSSH key.
In Puttygen, do the following:
- Load the private key: [File] -> [Load Private Key] (*.ppk)
- Enter passphrase if applicable
- Goto: [Conversions] -> [Export OpenSSH key] and save
Installing the Oracle Instant Client will save you ~600 megabyes compared to the ‘full’ Oracle Client.
- Read some basic info here…
- Download Basic Package for Oracle site
- Unzip to directory x (your ORACLE_HOME)
- Set PATH (Windows) or LD_LIBRARY_PATH (*nix) to the Instant Client directory x
- Move TNSNAMES.ora to directory x/network/admin (or set TNS_ADMIN and ORACLE_HOME).
- Extend with SQL*Plus Package from (optional)
- Start your application
Read my full article here: Whiteblog – Installing the Oracle Instant Client. (links in referred blog might not work!)
OLE DB, .NET and ASP.NET drivers are not included in the instant client (first Oracle link might suggest it is). These are included in the ODAC package, download them separately at these locations:
Instant Client vs Full Client (Administrator and Runtime)
What Are The Different Oracle Client Components Installed With Different Installation Type In (too much to sum up):
Client mater note
Master Note For Oracle Database Client Installation (Doc ID 1157463.1)
Checked for relevance on 7 March 2016.
Have a look at my Whitehorses Blog where I will explain in more detail.
Final conclusion (on one line):
CustomLog "|<midtier>\Apache\Apache\bin\rotatelogs logs\ssl_request_log 43200" "%t %... %b"
Ever had the “wrong authentication protocol” error when using Xming and xhost+ still did not work?
When you are on a private network, you can try using the “-ac” option when starting Xming. Use this only on private trusted networks, because it gives access to everyone.
For mote information on Access Control in Xming and X-Forwarding with PuTTY and SSH, check the Xming troubleshoot guide.